COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Updated September 16, 2020
LFA Families –
St. Louis County has updated their policies and procedures regarding returning to play, and some progress has been made. We want to thank you for your understanding and commitment as we work through this together! Games will be hosted at our complex beginning this weekend, and we must continue our good work to stay trending in the right direction!
- All ages of teams are allowed to train with no restrictions on number of players or limitations to specific type.
- Highschool age teams are allowed scrimmages within the club.
- Sanctioned games are allowed in StL County for teams U14 and below
- ONLY 1 parent / guardian / spectator allowed to be on site at any time, mandatory social distancing and a facial covering present at all times
In addition to parents, ALL players are asked to wear a mask on their way to the field, and returning to their cars to depart.
Updated August 10, 2020
LFA members and families,
We are very excited to host the players as we welcome them back out to sports! Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times, but know this is only a moment in time and we will get through it! We rely on your cooperation in making sure this is the safest environment possible. When arriving, please respect all social distancing guidelines while at the facility, upon entry / exit / and drop off. Please refer to the maps for specific field drop offs. Per St. Louis County Guidelines for Phases of Re-Entry, all adults to wear face coverings while at Lou Fusz Athletic facilities for the safety of all patrons. Below are specifics about how we will operate during programming based on recommendations from the CDC and Health Task Force.
• Waiver must be completed before attendance
• Your child will be placed in a group, with a specific designated area of the field
• Please refer to the facility / field maps with designated training space
• Each field has a parent drop off area that parents may accompany their child from the car to for specific fields
• Our facility is cleaned twice daily
• All of our coaches will wear face coverings before / during / after sessions
• Social distancing while on premises is mandatory and spectators should wear face coverings
• No sharing of water bottles before / during / after
• Please bring a ball with you
• Please bring water bottle with you
• No handshakes!
• Social distancing per players & coaches is encouraged before and after training.
• Groups not to be larger than 20.
If you think that your child is immunocompromised, please check with your child’s healthcare provider (Physician (MD/DO), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA)) before returning them to sports.
Parents - we rely on you to help assess your child prior to arrival. Please ask these questions of yourself, and them, before you make the decision to come to the facility. If any of the answers are yes, please stay home. Today or in the past 24 hours have you had any of the following symptoms:
• Fever (temperature greater than 100.4 for children and greater than 100 for adults)
• New or worsening cough
• Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
• Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
• New loss of smell and/or taste
• Diarrhea or vomiting
• Do you have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
Sports are an incredibly valuable exercise for the physical and mental well being of our community. We will continue to take precautionary measures and utilize our resources to set up the best environment possible to get through this together. Thank you for the cooperation and consideration for our youth!