Fall Midwest Soccer Invitational 2020
Boys & Girls Ages:
Sept 25–27, 2020
LFA Soccer Complex
SLYSA Soccer Complex
7v7 = $675
9v9 = $785
11v11 = $885
Lou Fusz Athletic, in collaboration with Juventus Academy St. Louis, welcomes you to join us in the 8th Annual Midwest Fall Invitational. All games held on synthetic turf! No rainouts! We hosted our max capacity of over 290 teams in 2018 and have added more fields and referees to accommodate over 300 teams in 2019 & 2020. This fully sanctioned event is open to U8–U19 Girls and Boys teams looking for a great weekend filled with competitive matches and fun for the whole family. 3 game guarantee for all teams.
Application Deadline: August 24, 2020
Application Fee Paid By: August 24, 2020
Accepted Teams Notified: August 28, 2020
Brackets Posted: September 4, 2020
Schedule Posted: week of September 11, 2020
Thursday before: Local teams will have the option to play
Friday: Local teams and available out-of-town teams
Saturday: Pool play & Playoffs
Sunday: Pool play & Playoffs
Open to Boys & Girls U8–U19 USYSA teams and US Club teams. There will be a U14/15 bracket for boys and girls to accommodate teams with all “trapped” players.
This is a “Stay & Play” event; all out of town teams are required to stay in hotels approved by Lou Fusz Athletic. Please book team rooms via the "Housing" button to receive our special partnered rates.
Please include team name & event name in subject line.
Pay using the PayPal button or mail us a check to:
Lou Fusz Athletic
Attn: SOCCER EVENTS
1 Rams Way
Earth City, MO 63045
Athletic Trainer Services
Children's Hospital & Washington University Physician's Young Athlete Center will be providing the Athletic Training services at the event.
Our weather guidelines are aligned with those suggested/used by USSF, MYSA, & SLYSA. Adjustments made to games due to weather are at the discretion of the event committee (comprised of Event Director, LFA's staff, and Young Athlete Center's staff). It is our intention to provide a fun, playable, safe environment for all teams participating to get the competition they have come in search of. All games will be played on state of the art artificial turf fields…No rainouts! However, because all fields are playable during the rain, game stoppage can still occur due to hazardous conditions such as lightning/ thunder or temperature levels. Weather updates will be sent via email/text messages through your GotSoccer account. As such,
• Games could be delayed or shortened. Games could also be rescheduled for a later time/date that weekend.
• Games played until/beyond halftime can be considered final at the moment stopped if necessary.
• For games played in U14 and younger divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 18 degrees cold index with windchill. For games played in U15 and older divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 14 degrees cold index with windchill.
• Any additional changes to the schedule deemed necessary by the LFA Event Committee will be exercised with as much notice as possible for all teams involved.
In the event of a mandated or forced cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 our refund policy is as follows:
1. Teams will receive a full refund of their game related fees. There is a maximum $35 administrative fee that is nonrefundable as this fee goes directly toward items that are reserved and paid for well in advance of the event kickoff. Items such as field rental, referee scheduling, registration and payment acquisition fees, and the hundreds of hours of time that go into making the event operational.
2. If a team has a player or staff member/affiliate test positive for Covid within 13 days of the kick off of the event, the team will be allowed to withdraw and will receive a refund, however a portion of their tuition will be retained to refund their three opponents who will have not received their 3 guaranteed games.
For example: your team is scheduled to play 3 games guaranteed. ‘Opponent X’ is one of your opponents on Saturday of the event. The Tuesday before the event ‘Opponent X’ notifies us that a player in their team tested positive for COVID-19. Their team must 'quarantine' for 2 weeks and therefore cannot participate in the tourney. Your team paid for 3 guaranteed games so your team would need to be refunded a portion of your tuition since you only received 2 games. ‘Opponent X’ that had to drop out will cover part of your team’s refund and Lou Fusz will pay the rest. Therefore, your team is not further inconvenienced. Opponent X does not lose all their committed event money, and we have all done our part to keep the event and the community healthy.
IF we are able to find your team a fill in, suitable 3rd opponent to replace ‘Opponent X’, then your team will play your 3 originally scheduled matches, and ‘Opponent X’ will not be required to pay this game fee.
We hope this clarification is helpful. Unfortunately, there is no 'right' answer in all of this. Our organization is not immune to the effects of these cancellations.
Weather related cancellation refund policy remains as it has for many years and is in line with dozens of similar events of similar offering. Teams that play no games receive no less than a 70% refund. If only 1 game played, no less than 50% refund given, if only 2 games played no less than 20% refund given.
3. If after being accepted, a team, by their choice, elects not to participate for any reason, will risk forfeiture of their entire registration fee.