A Partnership Built on Providing Medical Support to Our Children
We are grateful for our partnership with the Washington University and St. Louis Children’s Hospital Young Athlete Center (YAC). This strategic partnership started back in 2018. Since then, the YAC has helped a significant number of our athletes recover and return to the field safely. Therefore, today we’d like for you to learn more about this partnership.
The Young Athlete Center’s sole purpose is to care for kids of all ages with sports-related injuries. Our partner is conveniently located at the St. Louis Children’s Specialty Care Center in West St. Louis County. The Young Athlete Center offers the following services:
- Same-day appointments
- Specialized, individualized medical care by Washington University pediatric orthopedic and sports medicine physicians
- Injury evaluation and treatment
- Injury prevention program
- Minimally invasive, surgical treatment of sports-related injuries
- 4,000-square-foot sports therapy space, including turf field, basketball hoop, sprinting track, and advanced diagnostic technology
- On-site imaging, including X-rays, MRI, and ultrasound
- Casting, splinting, and pediatric specialty care of fractures
- Sports-related concussion assessments
- Comprehensive care for the young athlete, including adolescent medicine, cardiology, physical therapy, pain management, sports psychology, rheumatology, and nutrition
On the other hand, our partnership is designed to provide on-site medical coverage. This coverage is provided by certified athletic trainers at select LFA tournaments. Furthermore, our partner offers injury prevention training exclusively for Lou Fusz Athletic coaches and players. This is a streamlined same-day appointment access for sports injuries. Our partnership gives our membersmedical and surgical treatment, physical therapy, nutrition, and sports psychology. Call 314.273.9200 for 24/7 assistance!