Ages / Divisions:
Boys U8–U19 Brackets
Girls U8–U15 Brackets
April 21–24, 2022
(includes parking and 3 guaranteed games):
7v7 teams = $725
9v9 teams = $825
11v11 teams = $925
LFA Soccer Complex
2155 Creve Coeur Mill Rd S, St. Louis, MO 63146
LFA Training Center
1 Athletic Dr, Earth City, MO 63045
CCP Soccer Complex
2350 Creve Coeur Mill Rd, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
WWT Soccer Park
1 Soccer Park Rd, Fenton, MO 63026
Since 2011 the LFA Midwest Spring Invitational Tournament has hosted an average of over 250 teams annually, with 350-410 teams joining us in each of the last few years. This event has grown to be the most highly attended Spring soccer tournament in the history of St. Louis youth soccer. The event will continue to be hosted on all synthetic turf fields at St. Louis' newest and highest quality facilities. We will be limiting the number of accepted teams to ensure a socially distant, safe atmosphere for all attendees, spectators, and staff. The Midwest Spring Invitational is now including a college showcase for high school teams across the region with college coaches coming from across the nation. This event is powered by adidas.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2022 NOW MARCH 11TH
Application Fee Paid By: March 14, 2022
Accepted Teams Notified: March 29, 2022
Brackets Posted: April 7, 2022
Schedule Posted: April 14, 2022
Open to Boys & Girls U8–U19 USYSA teams and US Club teams. There will be a U14/15 bracket for boys and girls to accommodate teams with all “trapped” players.
This is a “Stay & Play” tournament; all out of town teams are required to stay in hotels approved by the Lou Fusz Athletic. Please book team rooms via the "Housing" button to receive our special partnered rates.
Thursday before: Local teams will have the option to play
Friday: Local teams and available out-of-town teams
Saturday: Pool play & Playoffs
Sunday: Pool play & Playoffs
* All Lou Fusz Athletic events operate within the Covid-19 guidelines of St. Louis County, and the state of Missouri. To remain compliant with these often changing guidelines we will schedule our events to play only at venues that are eligible to host. The locations at which we will host may change as guidelines are adapted (with as much notice as possible provided to applied teams). Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we get back to playing the beautiful game.*
Athletic Trainer Services
Children's Hospital & Washington University Physician's Young Athlete Center will be providing the Athletic Training services for LFA Facilities during the event.
Please pay using the PayPal button or mail us a check
including team name and tournament name in subject line:
Lou Fusz Athletic
1 Athletic Dr,
Earth City, MO 63045
Our weather guidelines are aligned with those suggested/used by USSF, MYSA, & SLYSA. Adjustments made to games due to weather are at the discretion of the tournament committee (comprised of Tournament Director, LFA Staff, and Young Athlete Center's ATC staff). It is our intention to provide a fun, playable, safe environment for all teams participating to get the competition they have come in search of. All games will be played on state of the art artificial turf fields…No rainouts! However, because all fields are playable during the rain, game stoppage can still occur due to hazardous conditions such as lightning/ thunder or temperature levels. Weather updates will be sent via email/text messages through your GotSoccer account.
• Games could be delayed or shortened. Games could also be rescheduled for a later time/date that weekend.
• Games played until/beyond halftime can be considered final at the moment stopped if necessary.
• For games played in U14 and younger divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 18 degrees cold index with windchill. For games played in U15 and older divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 14 degrees cold index with windchill.
• Any additional changes to the schedule deemed necessary by the LFA Tournament Committee will be exercised with as much notice as possible for all teams involved.
In the event of a mandated or forced cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 our refund policy is as follows:
1. Teams will receive a full refund of their tournament game related fees. There is a maximum $45 administrative fee that is nonrefundable as this fee goes directly toward items that are reserved and paid for well in advance of the event kickoff. Items such as field rental, referee scheduling, registration and payment acquisition fees, and the hundreds of hours of time that go into making the event operational.
2. If a team has a player or staff member/affiliate test positive for Covid within 13 days of the kick off of the event, the team will be allowed to withdraw and will receive a refund, however a portion of their tuition will be retained to refund their three opponents who will have not received their 3 guaranteed games.
For example: your team is scheduled to play 3 games guaranteed. ‘Opponent X’ is one of your opponents on Saturday of the event. The Tuesday before the event ‘Opponent X’ notifies us that a player in their team tested positive for Covid. Their team must 'quarantine' for 2 weeks and therefore cannot participate in the tourney. Your team paid for 3 guaranteed games so your team would need to be refunded a portion of your tuition since you only received 2 games. ‘Opponent X’ that had to drop out will cover part of your team’s refund and Lou Fusz will pay the rest. Therefore, your team is not further inconvenienced. Opponent X does not lose all their committed tournament money, and we have all done our part to keep the event and the community healthy.
IF we are able to find your team a fill in, suitable 3rd opponent to replace ‘Opponent X’, then your team will play your 3 originally scheduled matches, and ‘Opponent X’ will not be required to pay this game fee.
We hope this clarification is helpful. Unfortunately, there is no 'right' answer in all of this. Our organization is not immune to the effects of these cancellations.
3. Weather related cancellation refund policy remains as it has for many years and is in line with dozens of similar events of similar offering. Teams that play no games receive no less than a 70% refund. If only 1 game played, no less than 50% refund given, if only 2 games played no less than 20% refund given.
IF after being accepted, a team elects not to participate (by their choice) for any reason, they will risk forfeiture of their entire registration fee.