Winter College Spotlight 2020
Boys & Girls Ages:
December 4–6, 2020
Mo Rush Sports Park
Heartland Park Wentzville
Missouri Soccer Park Boonville
Christian High School
U13–U14 = $765
U15–U20 = $865
Event notice November 19, 2020: locations & COVID-19 policies updated to reflect new event compliance policies.
Come and be seen by college coaches from all over the Midwest in the 4th Annual Lou Fusz Athletic Winter College Spotlight (formerly the Lou Fusz Winter Carnival). All games will be played at 1 site, on high quality, new, synthetic turf! No rainouts! In 2018 & 2019 we hosted over 150 teams and OVER 100 COLLEGE COACHES. This showcase is open to U13–U20 Boys & Girls teams looking for a great weekend filled with competitive matches and GREAT COLLEGE RECRUITING EXPOSURE. U16+ age groups will play a 3 game ‘showcase’ format in this competition. U13–U15 divisions will have a championship 4th game, as well as trophy and medals presentations IF local COVID-19 guidelines permit.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2020
Application Fee Paid By: November 10, 2020
Accepted Teams Notified: November 10, 2020
Brackets Posted: November 18, 2020
Schedule Posted: November 20, 2020
Thursday before: Local teams will have the option to play
Friday: Local teams and available out-of-town teams
Saturday: Pool play
Sunday: Pool play
Eligibility & Format
Open to Boys & Girls U13–U20 USYSA teams and US Club teams. There will be a U14/15 bracket for boys and girls to accommodate teams with all “trapped” players.
All ages: 3-game 'Showcase' Format
This is a “Stay & Play” Event; all out of town teams are required to stay in hotels approved by the Lou Fusz Athletic. Please book team rooms via the "Housing" button to receive our special partnered rates.
Please pay using the PayPal button or mail us a check
(include team name and event name in subject line) to:
Lou Fusz Athletic
ATTN: SOCCER EVENTS
1 Athletic Dr
(formerly 1 Rams Way)
Earth City, MO 63045
Athletic Trainer Services
Certified Athletic Trainers will be on site for all games at the event locations.
Our weather guidelines are aligned with those suggested/used by USSF, MYSA, & SLYSA. Adjustments made to games due to weather are at the discretion of the event committee (comprised of Event Director, LFA Staff, and Young Athlete Center's staff). It is our intention to provide a fun, playable, safe environment for all teams participating to get the competition they have come in search of. All games will be played on state of the art artificial turf fields…No rainouts! However, because all fields are playable during the rain, game stoppage can still occur due to hazardous conditions such as lightning/ thunder or temperature levels. Weather updates will be sent via email/text messages through your GotSoccer account. As such,
• Games could be delayed or shortened. Games could also be rescheduled for a later time/date that weekend.
• Games played until/beyond halftime can be considered final at the moment stopped if necessary.
• For games played in U14 and younger divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 18 degrees cold index with windchill. For games played in U15 and older divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 14 degrees cold index with windchill.
• Any additional changes to the schedule deemed necessary by the LFA Event Committee will be exercised with as much notice as possible for all teams involved.
In the event of a mandated or forced cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 our refund policy is as follows:
1. Teams will receive a full refund of their game related fees. There is a maximum $35 administrative fee that is nonrefundable as this fee goes directly toward items that are reserved and paid for well in advance of the event kickoff. Items such as field rental, referee scheduling, registration and payment acquisition fees, and the hundreds of hours of time that go into making the event operational.
2. If a team has a player or staff member/affiliate test positive for Covid within 13 days of the kick off of the event, the team will be allowed to withdraw and will receive a refund, however a portion of their tuition will be retained to refund their 3 opponents who will have not received their 3 guaranteed games.
For example: your team is scheduled to play 3 games guaranteed. ‘Opponent X’ is one of your opponents on Saturday of the event. The Tuesday before the event ‘Opponent X’ notifies us that a player in their team tested positive for Covid. Their team must 'quarantine' for 2 weeks and therefore cannot participate in the tourney. Your team paid for 3 guaranteed games so your team would need to be refunded a portion of your tuition since you only received 2 games. ‘Opponent X’ that had to drop out will cover part of your team’s refund and Lou Fusz will pay the rest. Therefore, your team is not further inconvenienced. Opponent X does not lose all their committed event money, and we have all done our part to keep the event and the community healthy.
IF we are able to find your team a fill in, suitable 3rd opponent to replace ‘Opponent X’, then your team will play your 3 originally scheduled matches, and ‘Opponent X’ will not be required to pay this game fee.
We hope this clarification is helpful. Unfortunately, there is no 'right' answer in all of this. Our organization is not immune to the effects of these cancellations.
Weather related cancellation refund policy remains as it has for many years and is in line with dozens of similar events of similar offering. Teams that play no games receive no less than a 70% refund. If only 1 game played, no less than 50% refund given, if only 2 games played no less than 20% refund given.
3. If after being accepted, a team, by their choice, elects not to participate for any reason, will risk forfeiture of their entire registration fee.