Boys & Girls
Boys HS 'A', HS 'B', 14u, 12u, 10u
Girls HS 'A', HS 'B', 14u, 12u
2023 DATE COMING SOON!
HS Teams = $995 (4 game guarantee)
14u, 12u Teams = $795 (4 game guarantee)
10u Teams = $650 (3 game guarantee)
Lou Fusz Athletic welcomes you to join us in the 4th Annual 'Laxchella In The Lou' Tournament. Formerly known as the 'St. Louis Summer Slam'. All games held on our synthetic turf fields! This event will feature 60 boys and girls high school and youth teams from around the Midwest, along with dozens of college coaches. The event will utilize the very familiar and easy to use, Tourney Machine scheduling platform and App.
The event is perfect for tuning up your team in preparation for other large regional events and getting college exposure at the same time. The all synthetic, lit, turf fields and facilities are among the best in the country.
All teams will play 40 minute running clock matches with 5 minute halftime. We can accommodate coaching conflicts for coaches bringing more than one team.
College coaches will be in attendance. Each registered college coach will receive a player profile booklet including each team's roster, game schedule, and individual player bio. Making player scouting and identification easy.
Application Deadline: May 24th, 2022
Application Fee Paid By: May 24th, 2022
Accepted Teams Notified: May 26th, 2022
Brackets Posted: May 30th, 2022
Schedule Posted: June 1st, 2022
We follow US LACROSSE age brackets for youth 14U / 12U / 10U / 8U players.
This is a “Stay & Play” tournament; all out of town teams are required to stay in hotels approved by the Lou Fusz Athletic using our professional housing partners Traveling Teams LLC. Please book team rooms via the "Housing" button to receive our special partnered rates.
Please pay using the PayPal button or mail us a check
including team name and tournament name in subject line:
Lou Fusz Athletic
Attn: LAX TOURNAMENTS
1 Athletic Dr
Earth City, MO 63045
Athletic Trainer Services
Children's Hospital & Washington University Physician's Young Athlete Center will be providing the Athletic Training services for LFA Facilities during the event.
HS: Full field games (A/B divisions "Varsity/JV")
14U: Full field games (A/B divisions)
12U: Full field games (A/B divisions)
10U: Half field games (Boys 5v5 & Girls 7v7)
Our weather guidelines are aligned with those suggested/used by USSF, MYSA, & SLYSA. Adjustments made to games due to weather are at the discretion of the tournament committee (comprised of Tournament Director, LFA Staff, and Young Athlete Center's ATC staff). It is our intention to provide a fun, playable, safe environment for all teams participating to get the competition they have come in search of. All games will be played on state of the art artificial turf fields…No rainouts! However, because all fields are playable during the rain, game stoppage can still occur due to hazardous conditions such as lightning/ thunder or temperature levels. Weather updates will be sent via email/text messages through your GotSoccer account.
• Games could be delayed or shortened. Games could also be rescheduled for a later time/date that weekend.
• Games played until/beyond halftime can be considered final at the moment stopped if necessary.
• For games played in U14 and younger divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 100 degrees heat index or 18 degrees cold index with windchill. For games played in U15 and older divisions, adjustments/cancellations will be made when expected game time temperature is 105 heat index or 14 degrees cold index with windchill.
• Any additional changes to the schedule deemed necessary by the LFA Tournament Committee will be exercised with as much notice as possible for all teams involved.
In the event of a mandated or forced cancellation of the event due to Covid-19 our refund policy is as follows:
1. Teams will receive a full refund of their tournament game related fees. There is a maximum $35 administrative fee that is nonrefundable as this fee goes directly toward items that are reserved and paid for well in advance of the event kickoff. Items such as field rental, referee scheduling, registration and payment acquisition fees, and the hundreds of hours of time that go into making the event operational.
2. If a team has a player or staff member/affiliate test positive for Covid within 10 days of the kick off of the event, the team will be allowed to withdraw and will receive a refund, however a portion of their tuition will be retained to refund their opponents who will have not received their 4 guaranteed games.
For example: your team is scheduled to play 4 games guaranteed. ‘Opponent X’ is one of your opponents on Saturday of the event. The Tuesday before the event ‘Opponent X’ notifies us that a player in their team tested positive for Covid. Their team must 'quarantine' for 10 days and therefore cannot participate in the tourney. Your team paid for 4 guaranteed games so your team would need to be refunded a portion of your tuition since you only received 3 games. ‘Opponent X’ that had to drop out will cover part of your team’s refund and Lou Fusz will pay the rest. Therefore, your team is not further inconvenienced. Opponent X does not lose all their committed tournament money, and we have all done our part to keep the event and the community healthy.
IF we are able to find your team a fill in, suitable opponent to replace ‘Opponent X’, then your team will play your 4 originally scheduled matches, and ‘Opponent X’ will not be required to pay this game fee.
We hope this clarification is helpful. Unfortunately, there is no 'right' answer in all of this. Our organization is not immune to the effects of these cancellations.
3. Weather related cancellation refund policy remains as it has for many years and is in line with dozens of similar events of similar offering. Teams that play no games receive no less than an 80% refund. If only 1 game played, no less than 60% refund given, if only 2 games played no less than 40% refund given, if only 3 games played no less than 20% refund is given.
IF after being accepted, a team elects not to participate (by their choice) for any reason, they will risk forfeiture of their entire registration fee.